In the 1960’s, through the generosity – direct and indirect – of Hudson County political boss (and Saint Peter’s Prep alumnus), John V. Kenny, the school added an impressive modern building on Warren Street. A life-long resident who worked for the City of Jersey City during the reign of J.V.K. reported that a crew of City employees was assigned to “The Little Guy’s project,” as the Saint Peter’s Prep construction site then was known. (John V. Kenny’s nick-name was “The Little Guy.”) This was during an era of deferred maintenance for Jersey City’s public schools and municipal buildings that produced a downward spiral of decay.by
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- In this environment people tended not to be judgmental
- There will be a reading from BLACK TOM on Sunday, March 11th at 1pm in the Blue Comet Auditorium at Liberty State Park.
- David Friedland writes: The Federal prison system allows Native American Indian prisoners to conduct appropriate religious ceremonies.
- Resolutions honoring Patrice Hannon and Ron Semple for their books on the Black Tom explosion
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia