When a teenager, Dennis (as luck would have it, brother to Tommy, a local dealer in rare powders) was one of the few White residents of the Duncan Avenue projects in Jersey City. One day, for recreation, a group of local youth began to pummel Dennis who tried to escape. Frankie Depaula spotted the lone runner being chased by an ill-willed group. The gang caught up with the winded Dennis and proceeded to assault him. From behind, one-by-one, Depaula grabbed an unsuspecting would-be tough guy. The boxer then assailed the assailant, delivering a knockout punch to the surprised delinquent’s head. Quickly, the bunch of bad guys were all stretched out on the sidewalk with Dennis and Depaula the only ones left standing.by
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- There will be a reading from BLACK TOM on Sunday, March 11th at 1pm in the Blue Comet Auditorium at Liberty State Park.
- David Friedland writes: The Federal prison system allows Native American Indian prisoners to conduct appropriate religious ceremonies.
- Resolutions honoring Patrice Hannon and Ron Semple for their books on the Black Tom explosion
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia