Early one morning, Frank Sinatra and some other members of the Rat Pack were drinking in Bruno’s, a restaurant then located by the old Medical Center. A high-ranking Jersey City police officer had joined the carousing little crowd. One of the celebrity rowdies began tossing firecrackers out the door of the illegaly afterhours open eatery. A patrol car arrived, probably in response to a called-in complaint. Gait visibly affected due to the effects of a snootful, the high-ranking police officer — accompanied by the guffaws of the celebrants — went outside to tell the “boys” that the situation was under control.
- In this environment people tended not to be judgmental
- There will be a reading from BLACK TOM on Sunday, March 11th at 1pm in the Blue Comet Auditorium at Liberty State Park.
- David Friedland writes: The Federal prison system allows Native American Indian prisoners to conduct appropriate religious ceremonies.
- Resolutions honoring Patrice Hannon and Ron Semple for their books on the Black Tom explosion
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia