Stop by to pick up a book or donate your books for others to use and enjoy.
“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst Dave Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James McGreevey Jimmy King John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Martin Luther King Motts On the Waterfront Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Solomon Dwek St. Peter's Prep Steve Lipski Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Urban Times News
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob…
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore…
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room…
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Italian-American Civil Rights League, Hoboken Chapter
- The Jersey City Medical Center was the largest hospital in…
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Bob Dylan’s Tweeter and the Monkey Man
- James F Murray Sr, Jersey City Commissioner (1949 – 1952)
- Steven Fulop reviews Hudson County Facts
- BBC documentary covers Anthony Provenzano, Jimmy Hoffa, the Teamsters and Organized Crime.
- David Friedland: I remember the period leading up to the election in the summer of 1949 when John V. Kenny first came to power.
- Bill Donovan on James F Murray Sr, Jersey City Commissioner (1949 – 1952)
- Joe Murray on James F Murray Sr, Jersey City Commissioner (1949 – 1952)
- BILL DONOVAN on James F Murray Sr, Jersey City Commissioner (1949 – 1952)
- Anthony Olszewski on 04/11/07 – Congressman Gallagher addresses the Bayonne Historical Society
- Sean Moore on Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room brawl in a Union City.
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Remember the line ” … the souvenir stand by the old, abandoned factory” in The Bob Dylan Song, Tweeter And The Monkey Man, off of the first Traveling Wilburys Album? Dylan sets the scene in Jersey City. Could he have … Continue reading
By Joseph M. Murray According to newspaper accounts, Murray was alone in City Hall. Mysteriously, all the city officials had left and the building was shorn of police protection. Many suspected Kenny of ordering the evacuation so as to put … Continue reading
Below is the review that Steven Fulop gave my local folklore, Hudson County Facts. Though the booklet is sold on Amazon, you can read everything — plus lots more — at the Web Site. # # # An absolute great … Continue reading
In the early ’70s, Jersey City residents watched the Flip Wilson show with a special sense of pride, as the comedian was born and raised there. That feeling became significantly diluted after a supermarket tabloid revealed that Wilson had Jersey … Continue reading
When Mayor McCann claimed that there weren’t any homeless people in Jersey City, the Jersey Journal frontpaged a picture of Vinny Buchelle standing in front of his wrecked Volvo bunk. The headline read, “Vinny Calls Abandoned Car Home.” The regulars … Continue reading
SIR JOHN’S PUB Sir John’s Pub in Jersey City represents another example of an organized crime associate having a hidden interest in a licensed establishment. John Ciani, the licensee for Sir John’s, until recently was a front for Genovese/Gigante crime … Continue reading
Lyle Stuart, located in Secaucus, was the publisher of controversial titles, including Naked Came the Stranger, The Anarchists Cookbook, Martin Bormann, Nazi in Exile, — and Jersey City Mayor Thomas Smith’s The Powerticians.# # #. . .Side 1 of FTR … Continue reading
The Holden HouseOne of many Underground Railroad historic sites in Jersey City.The Underground Railroad In Hudson County By Alexander Maclean . . . These hiding-places were known as Stations, and the friends of freedom were known as Station Agents. Jersey … Continue reading
Escape From A Cultural Wasteland! Here broadcasting is not a one-way street! Listener telephone participation is an important ingredient at wfmu, with DJ Charlie as a prime example.WFMU is an iconoclastic, Free-Form radio station whose listening range covers Northern New … Continue reading