Stop by to pick up a book or donate your books for others to use and enjoy.
“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst Dave Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James McGreevey Jimmy King John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Martin Luther King Motts On the Waterfront Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Solomon Dwek St. Peter's Prep Steve Lipski Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Urban Times News
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Italian-American Civil Rights League, Hoboken Chapter
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- The Jersey City Medical Center was the largest hospital in…
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Bob Dylan’s Tweeter and the Monkey Man
- James F Murray Sr, Jersey City Commissioner (1949 – 1952)
- Steven Fulop reviews Hudson County Facts
- BBC documentary covers Anthony Provenzano, Jimmy Hoffa, the Teamsters and Organized Crime.
- David Friedland: I remember the period leading up to the election in the summer of 1949 when John V. Kenny first came to power.
- Bill Donovan on James F Murray Sr, Jersey City Commissioner (1949 – 1952)
- Joe Murray on James F Murray Sr, Jersey City Commissioner (1949 – 1952)
- BILL DONOVAN on James F Murray Sr, Jersey City Commissioner (1949 – 1952)
- Anthony Olszewski on 04/11/07 – Congressman Gallagher addresses the Bayonne Historical Society
- Sean Moore on Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room brawl in a Union City.
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Tag Archives: Frankie DePaula
HardCover: ISBN 978-1450-20639-6 ($30.95) SoftCover: ISBN 978-1450-20637-2 ($20.95) Genre: True Crime / Boxing Publisher: iUniverse Pages: 268 THE STORY Hailing from the tough Westside section of Jersey City, Frankie DePaula appeared to be a phenomenon in the making when he … Continue reading
A certain Union City figure Owed the Mob $40,000 (which would be equal to at least $250,000 in today’s lite dollars) and had no way to pay it back. The debtor got an offer he couldn’t refuse: knock off Frankie … Continue reading
In addition to his many other talents, Frankie DePaula was Hudson County’s answer to Fagin, the fictional character who trained children for a life of crime. DePaula the boxer headed a gang of boys. One and all stole copper wire … Continue reading
When a teenager, Dennis (as luck would have it, brother to Tommy, a local dealer in rare powders) was one of the few White residents of the Duncan Avenue projects in Jersey City. One day, for recreation, a group of … Continue reading
Frankie DePaula supposedly said “If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.” What he failed to mention was that for the well-heeled malefactor the local hoosegow was Hudson County’s version of a spa. For a price, all amenities … Continue reading
Jersey City Police Officer Don Nagle (now deceased) is widely acknowledged as having been one of the pioneer martial artists in the United States. Nagle’s Karate school was the first of its kind on the East Coast. Despite his black … Continue reading