Stop by to pick up a book or donate your books for others to use and enjoy.
“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst Dave Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James McGreevey Jimmy King John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Martin Luther King Motts On the Waterfront Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Solomon Dwek St. Peter's Prep Steve Lipski Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Urban Times News
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate monger and FBI informant
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob headquarters, meeting place and hangout
- Italian-American Civil Rights League, Hoboken Chapter
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to kill John Gotti
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room brawl in a Union City.
- The Jersey City Medical Center was the largest hospital in New Jersey.
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- White Van in Liberty State Park, Jersey City on 9/11/2001
- Old Man Tiedemann, Maintenance Director for the Archdiocese
- BBC documentary covers Anthony Provenzano, Jimmy Hoffa, the Teamsters and Organized Crime.
- David Friedland: I remember the period leading up to the election in the summer of 1949 when John V. Kenny first came to power.
- Ray Velazquez represented Jaime Vazquez in the assault trial against Hudson County hate monger Hal Turner.
- Flip Wilson’s family’s supermarket tabloid coverage
- Mayor McCann: No homeless in Jersey City
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Tag Archives: Gerry McCann
When Mayor McCann claimed that there weren’t any homeless people in Jersey City, the Jersey Journal frontpaged a picture of Vinny Buchelle standing in front of his wrecked Volvo bunk. The headline read, “Vinny Calls Abandoned Car Home.” The regulars … Continue reading
The Lou Manzo follies The first trip on the merry-go-round was in the ’92 special election held after Gerry McCann got the gong from Michael Chertoff. With the Hudson County Democratic Organization’s backing, Lou appeared poised to win. But, as … Continue reading
Four years later, Gerry McCann ran against Smith ally Wally Sheil — and won, becoming Mayor of Jersey City.
When running for President in 1980, Ronald Reagan spoke at Liberty State Park in Jersey City. He appeared with the father of Lech Walesa, Poland’s Solidarity leader. The older Walesa was a resident of Jersey City at the time. Ronald … Continue reading
When Mayor, Gerry McCann accompanied Congressman Guarini and a Congressman from Minnesota on a tour of Ellis Island. Returning to Liberty State Park, the three decided to visit the Statue of Liberty. While the group was waiting at the ferry … Continue reading
The Lou Manzo follies Lou Manzo ran five times for Mayor of Jersey City. The first trip on the merry-go-round was in the ’92 special election held after Gerry McCann got the gong from Michael Chertoff. With the Hudson County … Continue reading
As Jersey City Mayor Tommy Smith started his ride off into the sunset with a windmill-tilt run for Governor, Eddy Ecke and Skippy of Shannon’s Bar backed Sheil. During that race, Gerry McCann tried to campaign at the bar, but … Continue reading
During one of Gerald McCann’s terms as Mayor, a hefty resident addressed the City Council on what he saw as the shortcomings of the emergency ambulance service. Carried away by rhetorical excess, the speaker worked himself into a fit and … Continue reading