“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Campaign Buttons Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst David Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James F. Murray James McGreevey John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Motts Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Salvatore Briguglio St. Peter's Prep Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Tony Pro Urban Times News Wally Sheil
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore
- Jersey City’s master numbers banker, Joseph…
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room
- Sarge and Hope
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Resolutions honoring Patrice Hannon and Ron Semple for their books on the Black Tom explosion
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- The extended family of a significant Jersey City illegal numbers lottery figure like my uncle Gus enjoyed prosperity by association.
- List of Local History Web Sites
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Category Archives: John V. Kenny
by Originally appeared in Tiger In The Court By Paul Hoffman After eliminating a corrupt regime in New Jersey’s major metropolis, Lacey and Stern turned to the state’s second city – Jersey City. Frank Hague was elected mayor of Jersey … Continue reading
by Past Is Prologue: Jersey City in 1949, End of The Hague Era from Proscenium on Vimeo. This mini-documentary surveys the demise of the infamous political machine of Jersey City Mayor Frank Hague. For 35 years, Boss Hague ruled New … Continue reading
David Friedland: I remember the period leading up to the election in the summer of 1949 when John V. Kenny first came to power.
by I remember the period leading up to the election in the summer of 1949 when John V. Kenny first came to power. My father was an Assemblyman. I was 12 years old, less than a year before when, according … Continue reading
by Original, not mailed To order, send $4. by PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org In A Cycle of Power, The Career of Jersey City Mayor Frank Hague, Richard J. Connors, described how John V. Kenny’s anti-Hague organization only was able to rent … Continue reading
by “The organization wants 5% of the total construction cost.” From the NJ SCI 1971 report INVESTIGATION INTO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE POINT BREEZE AREA OF JERSEY CITY The Commission in the spring of 1971 received a complaint alleging irregularities … Continue reading
by Memoirs of Hudson County Originally appeared in Tiger In The Court By Paul Hoffman As election day approached, it was clear that the net was closing on Kenny and his Hudson County cabal. But the Little Guy continued to … Continue reading
by Hudson County Corruption in the Era of John V. Kenny The History of the Claremont Terminal and the Jersey City Waterfront since May, 1949 Author Unknown Travelling north along Garfield Avenue in the Greenville section of Jersey City, one … Continue reading
Hudson County Congressman Cornelius Gallagher, Jersey City Mayor Thomas Whelan, Council President Thomas Flaherty and the millions in bonds and cash
by In appearance silver-haired, ruddily handsome Congressman Cornelius E. Gallagher is the image of a dedicated public servant.Originally appeared in Tiger In The Court Memoirs of Hudson County By Paul Hoffman A lot of legwork was required to discover where … Continue reading
by Photo courtesy of Dan Beards In the 1949 election, John V. Kenny ran for Mayor of Jersey City against Frank Hague’s nephew, Frank Eggers. by