“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Campaign Buttons Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst David Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James F. Murray James McGreevey John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Motts Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Salvatore Briguglio St. Peter's Prep Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Tony Pro Urban Times News Wally Sheil
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore
- Jersey City’s master numbers banker, Joseph…
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room
- Sarge and Hope
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- The extended family of a significant Jersey City illegal numbers lottery figure like my uncle Gus enjoyed prosperity by association.
- List of Local History Web Sites
- One man, one vote by David Friedland
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Category Archives: Mafia
“. . . an FBI report . . . purportedly establishes that the FBI was apprised by some informant that Manna was involved in a plot to murder: the trial judge, Maryanne Trump Barry; and the United States Attorney, Samuel A. Alito; and the chief prosecutor, Michael Chertoff . . .” Continue reading
Anthony Gallagher of Bayonne, Genovese Family associate, testifies about his career as an unlicensed check casher.
by http://www.mafianj.com/sci88/firstday8.shtml Subversion By Organized Crime And Other Unscrupulous Elements of the Check Cashing Industry State of New Jersey Commission of Investigation 1988 Report PUBLIC HEARING-FIRST DAY (April 26, 1988) – Unlicensed Check Casher Gallagher Confirms Mob Ties Anthony Gallagher … Continue reading
by HardCover: ISBN 978-1450-20639-6 ($30.95) SoftCover: ISBN 978-1450-20637-2 ($20.95) Genre: True Crime / Boxing Publisher: iUniverse Pages: 268 THE STORY Hailing from the tough Westside section of Jersey City, Frankie DePaula appeared to be a phenomenon in the making when … Continue reading
by When Loan Sharks Bite From Voice Printing, How the law can read the voice of crime by Eugene Block The meeting was a routine monthly gathering of a journalism society in New Jersey. The invited guest was a young, … Continue reading
by From New York Magazine, February 17, 1969 By Peter Maas . . . Less inspiring was the swearing-in of the latest Congress. Among those seated without a murmur of dissent was Representative Cornelius Gallagher from Bayonne, New Jersey, just … Continue reading
by Soon afterwards, Martin Casella was arrested for plotting to kill John Gotti. From a NJ State Commission of Investigation report CASELLA’s RESTAURANT Of all the licensed beverage establishments in the state, Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken was perhaps the quintessential … Continue reading
Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore Briguglio to kill Anthony Castellitto . . .
by United States v. Local 560 of International Brotherhood of TeamstersUNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE THIRD CIRCUIT . . . This appeal culminates a lengthy and complex civil action brought pursuant to the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations … Continue reading
by La Cosa Nostra – State of New Jersey Commission of Investigation 1989 Report The territories once controlled by John DiGilio, a late Genovese soldier, were divided among high level operatives within that family, but some of his rackets on … Continue reading
by During the ’70s and ’80s, Casella’s Restaurant at the corner of First and Jackson in Hoboken was the Hudson County headquarters of the the Mafia. From La Cosa Nostra – State of New Jersey Commission of Investigation 1989 Report … Continue reading
by A certain Union City figure Owed the Mob $40,000 (which would be equal to at least $250,000 in today’s lite dollars) and had no way to pay it back. The debtor got an offer he couldn’t refuse: knock off … Continue reading