“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Campaign Buttons Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst David Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James F. Murray James McGreevey John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Motts Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Salvatore Briguglio St. Peter's Prep Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Tony Pro Urban Times News Wally Sheil
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore
- Jersey City’s master numbers banker, Joseph…
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room
- Sarge and Hope
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- The extended family of a significant Jersey City illegal numbers lottery figure like my uncle Gus enjoyed prosperity by association.
- List of Local History Web Sites
- One man, one vote by David Friedland
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Category Archives: Politics and Elections
by Here are some emails that I received from Michael Galdieri in 2012: If you are asking who I think wrote ‘we the people” letter. I think it might have been Jack Hill. I remember telling him when they first … Continue reading
by Back in 2003, some sore losers tried to overturn the election of then Jersey City Mayor Glenn Cunningham to the State Senate. One of the votes called into question was that cast by one Fr. Anthony Azzarto, S.J. — … Continue reading
by By Joe Murray James F. Murray, Jr. (1919 – 1965) was Democratic New Jersey State Senator for Hudson County from 1954 -1958. He also served as a leading member of Jersey City’s municipal government, first as President of the … Continue reading
by One jackanape who thought that history was being made actually kept a diary! – – – . . . Wednesday 9/26/95 Dead, Dead, Dead. There was hardly any work here today. It did start to pick up around 4:00. … Continue reading
by Inside County Lines Urban Times News October 1, 2004 – October 7, 2004 According to the Jersey Journal editorial staff, the newspaper does not take a political position. Of course that is the furthest thing from the truth. Earl … Continue reading
by The Lou Manzo follies The first trip on the merry-go-round was in the ’92 special election held after Gerry McCann got the gong from Michael Chertoff. With the Hudson County Democratic Organization’s backing, Lou appeared poised to win. But, … Continue reading
by On NJN TV, State Senator Bernard Kenny blamed Hudson County’s problems on GET NJ and the Urban Times News. State Senator Bernard Kenny: Mayor misled me on getting weekly to end its attacks Thursday, September 25, 2003 Letters to … Continue reading
by It’s therapeutic and yet it’s denied us Dear Editor: For more than 3,500 years, cannabis has been the most widely used plant for medicine. Should it be decriminalized, it would replace 20 percent of all pharmaceutical drugs. It has … Continue reading