“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Campaign Buttons Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst David Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James F. Murray James McGreevey John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Motts Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Salvatore Briguglio St. Peter's Prep Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Tony Pro Urban Times News Wally Sheil
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore
- Jersey City’s master numbers banker, Joseph…
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room
- Sarge and Hope
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Resolutions honoring Patrice Hannon and Ron Semple for their books on the Black Tom explosion
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- The extended family of a significant Jersey City illegal numbers lottery figure like my uncle Gus enjoyed prosperity by association.
- List of Local History Web Sites
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Category Archives: Uncategorized
by On 10/25/17, the Jersey City Council presented resolutions honoring Patrice Hannon and Ron Semple for their books on the Black Tom explosion. Both were born in Jersey City. Patrice Hannon is an expert on Jane Austen. Ron Semple is … Continue reading
by Patrice Hannon’s novel takes place at the time of the Black Tom explosion. Patrice lived just down the block from where I grew up on Reservoir Ave. Ron Semple — another former Jersey City resident — wrote a book … Continue reading
by As the ’60s subsided and the ’70s ensued, the whole tenor of the numbers racket in Jersey City changed. Before, being a bookie to a large degree was a licensed profession. With the appropriate law enforcement tithing, arrests generally … Continue reading
by By John Hallanan www.thelincolnassociationofjerseycity.com The oldest such organization in the country dating back to the night of Lincoln’s death. Assisted in having the route of the Lincoln Highway marked in the County for the Highway’s 100th anniversary. Sponsors a … Continue reading
by Bryna Raeburn was a remarkable voice over actress who was born and raised in Jersey City. She performed in many radio dramas, The Mad Magazine TV Special (1974) the audio version of Marshall McLuhan’s The Medium is the Massage … Continue reading
by Victor Mravlag is from North Hudson, NJ. I’d not thought of him in nearly forty years, but for some unknown reason his name came to mind last week. I typed it into Google — that wonder of the invisible … Continue reading
by For generations, the Greene Street Boat Club was the hub for Downtown Jersey City fishing enthusiasts. Though the club did not have title to the property, members maintained squatter rights to their docks. Supposedly to make way for development, … Continue reading
by It strikes me as sorta strange that there are billionaire big shots playing Monopoly with the real thing who don’t bother to do a Google search on themselves — or pay someone to do it for them. And another … Continue reading