“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Campaign Buttons Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst David Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James F. Murray James McGreevey John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Motts Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Salvatore Briguglio St. Peter's Prep Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Tony Pro Urban Times News Wally Sheil
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore
- Jersey City’s master numbers banker, Joseph…
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room
- Sarge and Hope
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Resolutions honoring Patrice Hannon and Ron Semple for their books on the Black Tom explosion
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- The extended family of a significant Jersey City illegal numbers lottery figure like my uncle Gus enjoyed prosperity by association.
- List of Local History Web Sites
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Tag Archives: David Friedland
by By David Friedland My father told me that in all the years he served as an Assemblyman he was not able , not once, to get any of the Bills he sponsored released from committee , much less voted … Continue reading
by By David Friedland In 1965, a young man (Tommy D) asked for my help as a lawyer. He was a teamster driver and had just been arrested (the second time) for robbing a Federal Bank of $2500. In the … Continue reading
by Teamsters Local 560 Boss Anthony Provenzano (Tony Pro) is believed to have been responsible for the disappearance and presumed murder of Jimmy Hoffa. In the 60s (I simply can not remember when.), I received a call from Tony Pro. … Continue reading
by The Life and Times Of Tony Pro ROBERT S. GALLAGHER and RONALD SEMPLE September 12, 1963 Max Ascoli’s “Reporter” magazine UNION CITY, New Jersey THERE was little ìn Anthony “Tony Pro” Provenzano’s past to prepare him for the battle … Continue reading
David Friedland: I remember the period leading up to the election in the summer of 1949 when John V. Kenny first came to power.
by I remember the period leading up to the election in the summer of 1949 when John V. Kenny first came to power. My father was an Assemblyman. I was 12 years old, less than a year before when, according … Continue reading
by When Loan Sharks Bite From Voice Printing, How the law can read the voice of crime by Eugene Block The meeting was a routine monthly gathering of a journalism society in New Jersey. The invited guest was a young, … Continue reading
by “His mother is so worried!” – Dave Friedland’s aunt by
by In the 1960’s and 70’s, Dave Friedland was the quintessential New Jersey politician. As Hudson County’s version of the Renaissance man, he was a poet, lawyer to the Teamsters, legislator, scuba diver, fugitive, and, finally, inmate. Dave Friedland also … Continue reading
by Here’s what Frmr. Governor Kean had to say about Hudson County’s own Dave Friedland: “He was one of the most brilliant people I ever worked with. He just was a bit crooked.” by