“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Campaign Buttons Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst David Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James F. Murray James McGreevey John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Motts Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Salvatore Briguglio St. Peter's Prep Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Tony Pro Urban Times News Wally Sheil
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore
- Jersey City’s master numbers banker, Joseph…
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room
- Sarge and Hope
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- The extended family of a significant Jersey City illegal numbers lottery figure like my uncle Gus enjoyed prosperity by association.
- List of Local History Web Sites
- One man, one vote by David Friedland
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Tag Archives: Don Nagle
by One opponent consistently bested Jersey City Karate expert Don Nagle: the shot glass. A certain match almost turned out to be his last. Late one night, Don Nagle arrived home so drunk that he could barely walk. Two men … Continue reading
by The Reprobate parked his ’74 Oldsmobile 98 across the street from Lupe’s house on Hutton. As always, before unlocking the door to get out of the car, the Reprobate glanced up the block. Walking down the other side of … Continue reading
by Don Nagle, Karate expert and Jersey City police officer, had a part-time job in the office at White Rose frozen foods, then located just outside the Jersey side of the Holland Tunnel. Don’s job was tracking overages and shortages. … Continue reading
by Jersey City Karate expert Don Nagle practiced a form of consumer protection. Whenever a martial arts studio opened in Hudson County, Don Nagle visited while a class was in progress. Don then challenged the teacher and nearly inevitably delivered … Continue reading
by In the mid-70s, two students from Jersey City State would regularly stop at the Astor Bar after classes. Between 3PM and 5PM, the place was very quiet — unlike the boisterous student hangouts. The college kids would get a … Continue reading
by Always the innovator, Don Nagle, Jersey City Police Officer and Martial Arts expert, developed methods that made it unnecessary for law enforcement to run after the bad guys. Don had ways of tricking the bad guys into chasing after … Continue reading
by Jersey City Police Officer Don Nagle (now deceased) is widely acknowledged as having been one of the pioneer martial artists in the United States. Nagle’s Karate school was the first of its kind on the East Coast. Despite his … Continue reading