“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Campaign Buttons Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst David Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James F. Murray James McGreevey John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Motts Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Salvatore Briguglio St. Peter's Prep Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Tony Pro Urban Times News Wally Sheil
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore
- Jersey City’s master numbers banker, Joseph…
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room
- Sarge and Hope
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- The extended family of a significant Jersey City illegal numbers lottery figure like my uncle Gus enjoyed prosperity by association.
- List of Local History Web Sites
- One man, one vote by David Friedland
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Tag Archives: Frankie DePaula
by HardCover: ISBN 978-1450-20639-6 ($30.95) SoftCover: ISBN 978-1450-20637-2 ($20.95) Genre: True Crime / Boxing Publisher: iUniverse Pages: 268 THE STORY Hailing from the tough Westside section of Jersey City, Frankie DePaula appeared to be a phenomenon in the making when … Continue reading
by A certain Union City figure Owed the Mob $40,000 (which would be equal to at least $250,000 in today’s lite dollars) and had no way to pay it back. The debtor got an offer he couldn’t refuse: knock off … Continue reading
by In addition to his many other talents, Frankie DePaula was Hudson County’s answer to Fagin, the fictional character who trained children for a life of crime. DePaula the boxer headed a gang of boys. One and all stole copper … Continue reading
by When a teenager, Dennis (as luck would have it, brother to Tommy, a local dealer in rare powders) was one of the few White residents of the Duncan Avenue projects in Jersey City. One day, for recreation, a group … Continue reading
by Frankie DePaula supposedly said “If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime.” What he failed to mention was that for the well-heeled malefactor the local hoosegow was Hudson County’s version of a spa. For a price, all … Continue reading
by Jersey City Police Officer Don Nagle (now deceased) is widely acknowledged as having been one of the pioneer martial artists in the United States. Nagle’s Karate school was the first of its kind on the East Coast. Despite his … Continue reading