“The past is not dead. In fact, it’s not even past. ” William Faulkner"Newsboy" Moriarty Anthony Provenzano Bernard Kenny Big Boy Bill Musto Bobby J Bobby Jackson Bobby Manna Bret Schundler Campaign Buttons Captain Thomas Brown Congressman Cornelius Gallagher Cornelius Van Vorst David Friedland Don Nagle Frank Hague Frankie DePaula Frank Sinatra Gerry McCann Glenn Cunningham Hal Turner Harold Konigsberg Harvey Smith Jaime Vazquez James F. Murray James McGreevey John V. Kenny Joseph Doria JVK Lou Manzo Magdy Elamir Martin Casella Motts Paul Jordan Robert Janiszewski Robert Menendez Salvatore Briguglio St. Peter's Prep Thomas Gangemi Tom Kean Tommy Smith Tom Whelan Tony Pro Urban Times News Wally Sheil
Like Hudson County Facts On Facebook!
- Brother to the Iceman
- John DiGilio, Genovese Family Mafia soldier from Bayonne
- JERSEY BOY The Life and Mob Slaying of Frankie DePaula
- Casella’s Restaurant in Hoboken – the quintessential mob
- Internet War waged against Hal Turner, Hudson County hate…
- Louis Anthony (Bobby) Manna – Convicted of plotting to…
- Anthony Provenzano recruited Harold Konigsberg and Salvatore
- Jersey City’s master numbers banker, Joseph…
- Jersey City triple murder remains unsolved.
- Frankie DePaula knocked Don Nagle out cold during a bar-room
- Sarge and Hope
- History of the Jersey City Fire Department
- Yet more proof that Jersey City is the world’s biggest small town!
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- The extended family of a significant Jersey City illegal numbers lottery figure like my uncle Gus enjoyed prosperity by association.
- List of Local History Web Sites
- One man, one vote by David Friedland
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia
Tag Archives: Gerry McCann
by When Mayor McCann claimed that there weren’t any homeless people in Jersey City, the Jersey Journal frontpaged a picture of Vinny Buchelle standing in front of his wrecked Volvo bunk. The headline read, “Vinny Calls Abandoned Car Home.” The … Continue reading
by The Lou Manzo follies The first trip on the merry-go-round was in the ’92 special election held after Gerry McCann got the gong from Michael Chertoff. With the Hudson County Democratic Organization’s backing, Lou appeared poised to win. But, … Continue reading
by Four years later, Gerry McCann ran against Smith ally Wally Sheil — and won, becoming Mayor of Jersey City. by
by When running for President in 1980, Ronald Reagan spoke at Liberty State Park in Jersey City. He appeared with the father of Lech Walesa, Poland’s Solidarity leader. The older Walesa was a resident of Jersey City at the time. … Continue reading
by When Mayor, Gerry McCann accompanied Congressman Guarini and a Congressman from Minnesota on a tour of Ellis Island. Returning to Liberty State Park, the three decided to visit the Statue of Liberty. While the group was waiting at the … Continue reading
by The Lou Manzo follies Lou Manzo ran five times for Mayor of Jersey City. The first trip on the merry-go-round was in the ’92 special election held after Gerry McCann got the gong from Michael Chertoff. With the Hudson … Continue reading
by As Jersey City Mayor Tommy Smith started his ride off into the sunset with a windmill-tilt run for Governor, Eddy Ecke and Skippy of Shannon’s Bar backed Sheil. During that race, Gerry McCann tried to campaign at the bar, … Continue reading
by During one of Gerald McCann’s terms as Mayor, a hefty resident addressed the City Council on what he saw as the shortcomings of the emergency ambulance service. Carried away by rhetorical excess, the speaker worked himself into a fit … Continue reading