Remember the line ” … the souvenir stand by the old, abandoned factory” in The Bob Dylan Song, Tweeter And The Monkey Man, off of the first Traveling Wilburys Album? Dylan sets the scene in Jersey City. Could he have been aware of Daisy’s open air Shop? It’s on Pacific Avenue, just off of Grand Street, under the Turnpike, on the way to Liberty State Park and the Liberty Science Center.
- In this environment people tended not to be judgmental
- There will be a reading from BLACK TOM on Sunday, March 11th at 1pm in the Blue Comet Auditorium at Liberty State Park.
- David Friedland writes: The Federal prison system allows Native American Indian prisoners to conduct appropriate religious ceremonies.
- Resolutions honoring Patrice Hannon and Ron Semple for their books on the Black Tom explosion
- Hard times for numbers bookies in the ’70s
- Depiro, Stephen Detention Memorandum
- Depiro, Stephen et al. Indictment
- GENOVESE ORGANIZED CRIME FAMILY SOLDIER AND ASSOCIATES INDICTED ON RACKETEERING CHARGES, INCLUDING EXTORTION OF INTERNATIONAL LONGSHOREMEN’S ASSOCIATION MEMBERS
- N.J. Waterfront Commission holds first hearing on mob influence at docks
- A federal judge sentenced Bonanno crime family Capo Joseph Sammartino Sr. to 18 months in prison for loansharking.
- 45 arrested in illegal Bergen County gambling ring
- Frankie DePaula, Boxer killed by the Mob – Book – Author – Stories
- Lucchese organized crime family and the Nine-Trey Gangster Bloods
- ‘Entirely too comfortable’ with the Jersey Mafia
- Fuel bootlegging, La Cosa Nostra and the Russian Mafia